Thursday 12 May 2016

Essence XXXL Lipgloss review

Hey guys!


I've never really been a lip gloss person, but then I received one as a gift for Christmas and I changed my mind. I received Essence XXXL nude lip gloss in 03 Taste the sweets. It's a lovely pinky nude, not to bright on the lips more of a subtle hint of colour but wears really well. Very moisturising on the lips and glides on really easy, also has a very nice sweet like scent. Since receiving this lip gloss I went on to purchase two more.

03 Taste the sweets
The first one I bought was Essence XXXL shine lip gloss in 022 Nude kiss. This one is a light pink gloss with tiny pieces of shimmer in it. Again not to subtle on the lips but I like it. Also very moisturising and wears well. This one has a girly sweet scent to it, but not to noticeable once on the lips. These are one of them glosses that looks nice on but not really noticeable when it starts to wear off which I like as I don't have to keep seeing if I need to touch up.
022 Nude kiss
The second one I bought was Essence XXXL longlasting lip gloss in 17 Hot brownie. Now this one is a velvet matte lip gloss. I get weary about matte lip products as they can dry out my lips, but this one doesn't! Guess it comes from being a velvet matte gloss. Now I don't know if I can call it a gloss as its a different texture from the other two, it's a bit more thick in texture and is very opaque. Then again I've never tried a matte lip gloss so I'm more used to the shiny slightly sticky texture of a gloss. Saying that I am completely in love with this! It's a lovely darkish red/brown colour with a slight pink undertone (picture will do more justice then my words). It wears so well, only having to re apply after eating a large meal, or wearing for 6 hours+. Dries to a lovely velvet texture without drying out the lips.
17 Hot brownie
After trying out these three lip glosses I will defiantly be going back to my local Wilkos to be getting some more!! They are a great product and so quick and easy to apply.
From left to right: 17 Hot brownie, 03 Taste the sweets, 022 Nude kiss. 
So overall I'm really happy with these!
Let me know if you've tried any of these or anything else from Essence and what you think of them, would love to get some recommendations of what to pick up next!
Have a good day!
Elizabeth Jane
X


Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment