Thursday 31 December 2015

Vegan chocolate brownies!

Hey guys!

I bake a lot, but never have I baked anything vegan in my life...until now. My brother and his vegan girlfriend were at home for new years eye and I cooked. I thought I would do something easy so I opted for brownies. Normal brownies are easy to make so I thought vegan ones will be to, and I was right! It took no longer then 10 minutes to make then 30 minutes baking. I'm going to put some picture in at the bottom of the process in case that helps anyone. So here's the recipe!

Finished product

2 cups/280g Plain flour
2 cups/400g Caster sugar
3/4 cup/93g Cocoa powder
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Salt
1 cup/225ml Water
1 cup/225ml Vegetable oil
1 tsp Vanilla extract

Method:
Preheat oven to 180Oc. In a large bowl stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Then add the water, vegetable oil and vanilla. Mix together until well combined. Pour into a greased and lined tin, (I just used a square one but you can use whatever you've got) and spread out. Then bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the top is not shiny. Mine took a little more then 30 minutes but it all depends on your oven, mine is pretty old. Then I left to cool for ten minutes and tipped out onto a plate. I waited until completely cooled then sliced into squares.


Dry ingredients
Everything mixed together
Mixture in the tin
Once it finished baking and turned out

So there you have it! My first vegan recipe, it was actually quite easy and they tasted pretty good!

If you want me to try out anymore vegan recipes or any recipe at all let me know in the comments!

Have a good day,

Elizabeth Jane
x


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment